Residency in Monaco brings numerous advantages:
- Favourable tax system for Monaco Locals
- Reside in Secure environment
- Exceptional area with Nice International airport 30 minutes by car/10 minutes by helicopter
- Mediterranean Climate
- Worldwide environment
- Business friendly
- English widely spoken
- The Cote d'Azur and Italy on the doorstep
How to make an application for Monaco Residency
To get Monaco Residency there are specific requirements for each applicant to fulfil. The requirements for getting residency in Monaco are as follows:
- Establish a savings account in Monaco
- Each applicant (or couple) will need to deposit enough funds for the bank to then release the required bank attestation (letter) to validate that the account holder(s) has sufficient funds to support themselves whilst residing in Monaco.( unless the applicant for residency has a valid work agreement provided by a regional Monaco business). The banks have differing requirements for this varying from EUR 100,000-EUR 1 million per applicant (adult).
- Legitimate passport
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate(s)
- Any previous divorce certificate (or death certificate if the candidate has a spouse who is deceased.)
- The Police certificate as above
- The registered lease for the Monaco apartment or condo
- The brand-new electricity contract for the Monaco apartment
- The official Monaco residency application forms finished and duly signed
- Health report for applicants of 70 years and over
Moving to Monaco or any other country can seem like a daunting task - as a fully independent and highly dedicated relocation provider Relocation Monaco can provide you with a seamless service if you are thinking of relocating to Monaco. Taki a look at their website for more information regarding 'monaco residency rules' as well as much more information relating to movining to Monaco.
Rent or buy a property in Monaco
If leasing the lease has to be for a minimum of Twelve Month and have sufficient bed rooms to accommodate the number of persons applying. For example, in order for this to get Monaco residency, a couple must rent a one bedroom home at least and for a household of four a minimum if two bedrooms. This lease is generally automatically at the end of each lease period.
Each candidate needs to supply a police certificate specifying that each adult candidate does not hold a criminal record in the country where they have resided throughout the previous five years. In Monaco an adult is any one over the age of sixteen years of age for this purpose. This certificate must not be more than 3 months old at the time of application for the residency.
In addition, the following documents must be submitted for each candidate when getting Monaco residency.
To finish the Monaco residency process, an main residency interview will be organized throughout which all the needed documents are sent. Following this the Monaco residency application will be processed and licensed. This will certainly take approximately 8 weeks for EU passport holders and sixteen - twenty weeks for non EU passport holders as they should first get a special Visa from the French Embassy in their country of residence which as soon as accepted and issued ( approximately sixteen weeks) will then permit the candidate to complete the Monaco procedures within three-four weeks, when the residency card will be provided also referred to as the Carte de Sejour).
The requirements for applying for Monaco residency are reasonably simple and as long as the candidate can provide all the required documents, then there is no general reason why the applicant need to not be given Monaco Residency and receive theirs Monaco local's card.
The very first Monaco residency card will certainly be issued for a duration of twelve months after which this card need to be renewed. The card is called a Monaco carte de resident temporaire and is restored each year for the first 3 years. In then 4th year of continuous Monaco residency the holder then will be provided with a 3 year card, referred to as the Monaco Carte de resident ordinaire. These cards are valid for 3 years and must be restored at expiry. In year 10, the holder of a Monaco residency might obtain a carte Privilege which is provided at the discretion of the Monaco authorities. This is not automatically granted and if not granted the candidate will certainly continue to receive the three year Monaco citizen's card.
The expense of getting residency in Monaco truly lies in the expense of leasing an apartment contributed to the basic expense of living in Monaco. Unlike other countries providing residency programs, obtaining residency in Monaco does not require the applicant to "invest" a defined sum of cash in Monaco nor is it mandatory to acquire a home as a rental suffices.
It is a very favourable location to become a resident and delight in the many advantages which becoming a local of Monaco gives.